Steps to Success
Creating Opportunities is pleased to offer Steps to Success tools and activities designed to equip individuals with developmental disabilities, their family members and/or representatives to effectively find and manage Personal Support Workers.
Resources are available through Steps to Success to support those eligible to receive PSW services to learn how to effectively:
- Create custom job descriptions
- Find potential employees
- Interview candidates
- Complete reference checks
- Hire quality workers
- Develop Employment Agreements
- Communicate preferences
- Establish policies and rules of conduct
- Provide training, direction and supervision to their support workers
- Maintain employment records
- Schedule and track hours worked
- Process paid leave
- Address any work performance issues
- Terminate employment relationships as needed
- Develop a backup plan for the coverage of services
- Maintain a healthy working environment in their home.
For those eligible to employ PSWs in Benton, Linn, Marion, Polk or Yamhill Counties, contact us for more information on how to get started right away!
Phone: 503-559-3674 (voicemail)