Meet the Staff
Founder & Executive Director
Cheryl is a strong advocate with more than 20 years of leadership experience and expertise dedicated to enhancing the lives of children and adults with developmental disabilities, and their families.
Cheryl enjoys participation in several projects, including:
- Oregon Commission on Autism Spectrum Disorders: Governor’s Appointee / Commission Chairperson
- Oregon I/DD Coalition Grassroots Oregon (GO!) Project Coordinator
- Oregon’s One ISP Redesign Team
- Sustaining Families Work Group
- Marion Polk Coalition for Special Needs Children: Family Resources, Support & Training (FRST) Group
- School to Work Transition Work Groups
- Person-Centered Planning Facilitation
- Partners in Policymaking
Cheryl has also previously worked with the following organizations:
- The Arc Oregon | Project Employ: Project Manager
- Oregon Council on Developmental Disabilities: Project Coordinator
- Willamette Educational Services District: Regional Advisory Council Member
- CA Council on DD Area Board #12: Governor’s Appointee, Chair & Board Member
- CA Dept. of Education: Alternative Dispute Resolution Riverside County Team Member
Cheryl established a non-profit organization called FACTS (Families & Autistic Children Together Succeed) and served as Executive Director & President from 1996 to 2008. FACTS mobilized families, regional service agencies and community organizations resulting in the development of essential educational and social services form hundreds of children with autism in California’s Temecula Valley region. Services to families included advocacy, parent training, support group meetings, social events, FACTS Kids Achievement Awards, support staff recruitment & referrals, lending library, newsletters and website.
Of all the roles Cheryl has had in the past two decades, she is most proud of her role as a mother to a remarkable young man who experiences developmental disabilities.
Rebecca joined Creating Opportunities in September 2015 as a Project Assistant. In March 2016, Rebecca transitioned to a new role as the Program Manager for our Steps to Success with Personal Support Workers contract. Rebecca established a social media forum for local families which has evolved into an active parent group called Families Flourishing Together. Rebecca is a graduate of Creating Leaders in 2015 and of Partners in Policymaking in 2016.